I’ve had this bike since 2012 and have barely used it since 2015. It is geared short for tight woods riding. I ran it mostly at Hollister, Metcalf and Penny Pines. More recently on Nevada trails.
The 400 has the same bore as the 450 but has a short stroke crank which makes the bike feel much lighter. I’ve really loved this bike and may regret selling, but I don’t ride it enough and I’ve got to make room for another orange bike.
- Currently at 165.2 hours and 3173 miles
- Motor professionally rebuilt in 2012 at 99 hours with new crank, Wossner piston, Millenium replated cylinder and all bearings and seals
- Dirt Tricks cam chain tensioner
- BRP triple clamps
- Cycra Pro Bend hand guards
- KTM Hard Parts clutch slave cover
- KTM Hard Parts shark fin rotor guard
- Kenda Trak Master DOT tires
- KTM Factory dual-sport kit (harness, switchgear, light brackets, horn, etc)
- New battery, air filter, fuel petcock, carb inlet hose and jets cleaned, July 2019
- Only one ride on new air filter. Liter of Motorex and oil filters ready for changing
Hit the contact link in the menu to send me a note it you’re interested.
Engine rebuild photos: